The Rowing Oar Shaft
- 100% carbon fibre tube with Kevlar reinforcement.
- A unique manufacturing process for Xcell Oars and Sculls.
- Kevlar wrap overlays the carbon tube at the points of maximum stress.
- The Kevlar overlays deliver a loom of exceptional lightness and impact resistance.
- A two-section X3 oars shaft is now available. This is the ideal back-up for our conventional one-section oars shafts, more easily stored in-board rather than external to the gunwale. These is a fully tested and reliable back-up, but not recommended as an exclusive replacement to our conventional X3 oars.
The Macon Scull Blade
- Constructed with a high density epoxy foam core.
- Biaxial, unidirectional carbon fibres cured in epoxy resin with a minimal amount of E-glass fibres.
- Epoxy gel-coat hard finish to professional competition yacht standards.
- Spoons can be spray finished to any colour and with competitors club or sponsor logo design. Please request quotations for spraying and club logos on application with order.
Sleeves and Collars
- Manufactured to Xcell’s design and tooling to fit the standard ‘Concept’ gate.
- Highest quality, low friction ABS and Polyurethane plastics.
- Sleeves are in “dayglo” yellow; collars are black.
Fixed Wooden Handles
- Made only from best quality Tulipwood.
- Xcell only recommend fixed handles for Ocean Rowing.
- Adjustable handles can result in a loss of power, as efficiency is reduced through the lateral movement at the point of the adjustable handle connection.
- An adjustable handle allows water ingress.
- Adjustable handles can be supplied upon request.
Dimensions and Weight
- Oar Weight: 2.3 kg
- Oar Length: Maximum of 340 cm.
We provide ocean rowers with any option to match their personal requirements
in the best way for their own style.
- Length of sweep oars and sculls can be cut to individual requirements.
- Location of sleeves and collars (buttons) on the parallel section of the loom can be personalised to individual requirements.
- Optional handle sizes (diameter) only with fixed Tulip Wood handles.
- We offer the range of Martinolli grips.
- We offer a full and comprehensive after sales service at our yard in Windsor, Berkshire and we carry a full range of spares that are available for immediate despatch by express parcel delivery within the UK and mainland Europe.