The Xcell X 1 Club Sweep Oar and Scull
- A very popular range with schools and clubs offering exceptional value for money.
- Specially designed and manufactured for novice, junior and training crews.
- All components are manufactured in the UK using Xcell’s own product tooling and engineering designs coupled to CAD-CAM controlled manufacturing processes.
- High quality roll wrap 70% carbon fibre with 30% glass reinforced plastic.
- The mix of carbon and GRP ensures a greater deflection to provide a more forgiving blade for inexperienced crews.
- Constructed with a high density epoxy foam core.
- Biaxial, unidirectional carbon fibres cured in epoxy resin with a minimal amount of E-glass fibres.
- Epoxy gel-coat hard finish to professional competition yacht standards.
- Spoons can be spray finished to any colour and with competitors club or sponsor logo design. Please request quotations for spraying and club logos on application with order.
- Available options are either Cleaver Smoothie or large Macon Spoons.
- Available options are Macon, Cleaver Ridge or Cleaver Smoothie Spoons.
Sleeves and Collars
- Manufactured to Xcell’s own design and tooling and made to fit the standard “Concept” gate.
- Highest quality, low friction ABS and Polyurethane plastics.
- Sleeves in “dayglo” yellow: Collars (buttons) are black.
Fixed Wooden Handles
- Made only from the best quality Tulip Wood uniquely for Xcell.
- Xcell recommend sweep oars with fixed handles as adjustable handles can loose power as efficiency is reduced through the lateral movement at the point of the adjustable handle connection.
- Adjustable handles can however be supplied upon request.
Dimensions and Weight
- Length: Individual requirements for the lengths of both sweep oars and sculls can be made to order
Sweep Oar: 2.6kg
- Length of sweep oars and sculls can be cut to individual requirements.
- Location of sleeves and collars (buttons) on the parallel section of the loom can be personalised to individual requirements.
- Optional handle sizes (diameter) only with fixed Tulip Wood handles.
- We offer the range of Martinolli grips.
- We offer a full and comprehensive after sales service at our yard in Windsor, Berkshire and we carry a full range of spares that are available for immediate despatch by express parcel delivery within the UK and mainland Europe.
Tom Jones Boatyard, Romney Lock, Riverside Walk, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 6HU, UK | Tel: +44 (0)1753 833166 | Email: email@example.com